Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Parents

These are my parents Mrs. Mary and Dr. Robin Line in Malibu on their most recent visit to the West coast.



In almost every way possible, my parents are the reason I am making this short film.

I've talked about my parents in many of the earlier posts, but I continue to be moved with how they take everything in stride and do not let their Parkinson's diagnoses become the most important thing about them. Early on they told me that Michael Bublé's song "Hold On" has become their anthem of sorts, and that's how I always think of them: two people who love each other, love their family and friends (and their dog, Little Bear), and are holding on with grace, style (in dad's case a modicum of style), and a whole heck of a lot of fun!

Hopefully, I can get them to take a five-ten minute break from their busy lives one day to write up something about living with Parkinson's disease, or perhaps even a quick interview (I will shamelessly replace this text with that and pretend it was here all along).

I love you mom and dad, and I hope that you know that my threat to put you in the background of the diner scene is not empty one.

No comments:

Post a Comment